Support for Mascot
Support for this peptide search method is provided as standard.
About this plug-in
The Mascot search engine from Matrix Science allows identification of peptides, searching against multiple primary sequence databases including MSDB, NCBInr and SwissProt.
To be able to load exported search results, the search should be performed using an MGF file created by Progenesis LC-MS.
To output the search results from Mascot:
- Select the Export Search Results option from the dropdown list alongside the Format As button
- Click the Format As button
- In the following page, select XML in the Export Format option
- Make sure that Query title in the Peptide Match Information section is selected
- Click the Export Search Results button at the bottom of the page